There are no rail or air links between Ho Chi Minh City and Ha Tien, so the only form of public transport available is to travel by bus. Ha Tien is one of two places where you can board a ferry to Phu Quoc Island.
Bus Times from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Tien
There are currently 6 bus services a day from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Tien available to book online.
|Ho Chi Minh||Ha Tien||Ticket||Company|
|07:00||17:20||$ 9||Hue Nghia|
|09:00||17:00/td>||$ 13||Kumho Samco|
|13:00||21:00||$ 13||Kumho Samco|
|20:00||06:20||$ 9||Hue Nghia|
|21:30||05:30||$ 13||Kumho Samco|
|23:00||07:00||$ 13||Kumho Samco|
- Kumho Samco passengers travel in a bus with fully reclined seats arranged bunk-bed style in three rows.
Buy Tickets from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Tien
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Tien.
Ho Chi Minh Kumho Samco Bus Stop
Kumho Samco bus services to Ha Tien depart from Mien Tay Bus Station, 326 Lê Hồng Phong, Phường 1, Quận 10, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam.
Ha Tien Kumho Samco Bus Stop
Kumho Samco bus services from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Tien terminate at Ha Tien Bus Station, Tô Châu, Hà Tiên, Kien Giang, Vietnam.
About Ha Tien
Ha Tien is a lesser visited town with a population of over 80,000 permanent residents. The town is near some great beaches and scenery, and also has a fairly good range of hotels and places to eat, but most foreign visitors who go there are passing through on their way somewhere else:
- Travel to Cambodia: The Ha Tien border crossing to Cambodia is just over 6 km to the north of Ha Tien town centre. From the border it’s 30 km to Kep beach and 45 km to Kampot town. There are plenty of motorbike taxis which will take you to the border and plenty that will take you to Kep or Kampot. Expect to pay $10 to $15 to complete the journey to Kampot, although the exact price depends on your negotiating skills
- Travel to Phu Quoc Island: There are two types of ferry from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc. The fast ferry services take around 1 hour 15 minutes to complete the journey, and the much cheaper car ferry services take around 2 hours 30 minutes. Booking advance is recommended for the fast ferries. For the car ferry you simply turn up and buy a ticket before you leave.
If you do spend some time in Ha Tien, which is enjoyable if you want to get away from other tourists and the more aggressive attitudes in some of the larger towns in Vietnam, them the major attractions are:
- Cave Temples: There are several near Ha Tien, the best of which are Thach Dong and Chua Tam Bao.
- Ha Tien Market: Colourful riverside market in Ha Tien town centre.
- Mac Cuu Family Tombs: Hillside tombs near the town centre.
- Tam Bao Pagoda: 18th Century pagoda within what is now a monastery for Buddhist nuns.