By minivan the journey from Hanoi to the Friendship Pass in Lang Son is scheduled to take 3 hours 30 minutes, and from there you can travel on into China.
Travel Times from Hanoi to Lang Son
There are currently 14 services a day with Grouptour from Hanoi to the Friendship Pass in Lang Son available to book online.
- This service is by luxury minivan. The seats are larger with more leg room, and the windows are bigger, than a standard minivan in South East Asia.
Buy Tickets from Hanoi to Lang Son
Use the Search Box below to your buy tickets from Hanoi to Lang Son.
Hanoi Grouptour Bus Stop
Grouptour services from Hanoi to Lang Son depart from 16 Hang Chinh in the Old Quarter of Hanoi.
Lang Son Grouptour Bus Stop
Grouptour services from Hanoi to Lang Son terminate at the Friendship Pass.
About Travel to Long Son
Long Son is a sparsely populated province in the far north of Vietnam bordering Guangxi province in China.
This strategically important border zone has been the site for a number of conflicts over the last century principally between the French colonial forces and the Chinese, and thereafter between French colonial forces and Vietnamese nationalists. There are a number of colonial era military installations and battlegrounds which you can visit in the area.
Long Son Town
Modern day Long Son is a peaceful area where most inhabitants make a living from agricultural, with the beginnings of a tourist industry. Most foreign visitors who pass through the area do so on route to China through the Friendship Pass. Travellers on this route have the choice of either travelling by road or taking the train through Bong Dang on the train line to Nanning in China, and thereafter carrying on up to Beijing.
Attractions in the Region
For travellers with a few days to tour the region amongst the most popular places to visit are:
- Markets of Long Son town: The main market is Đông Kinh Market which is an indoor market, also of interest are Ky Lua Night market and Tan Thanh Market.
- Tam Thanh Cave: Cave near the city centre with weirdly shaped stalactites and stalagmites, as well as a pagoda.
- Ải Chi Lăng: Narrow pass where invading Chinese forces have been stopped numerous times. Located 42 km south of Lang Son town.
- Thanh Nha Mac: Historic hill top fort located just to the west of Lang Son town centre.
- Bac Son valley: Area with mountains above picturesque rice fields located 90 km by road to the west of Lang Son town.