The cheapest way to travel to China to see the fantastic scenery around Guilin is to take a bus from Hanoi to Nanning in the Guangxi region, and then to take local transport from Nanning to Guilin. Bus services depart in the morning from Hanoi reaching Nanning in the late afternoon or early evening, which means spending a night in Nanning before travelling onto Guilin.
Bus Times from Hanoi to Guangxi
There are 7 services a day from Hanoi to Guangxi available to book online.
- Journey Time: The journey takes 8 hours. The arrival times given above are in the local time which is 1 hour ahead of Vietnam time.
Buy Tickets from Hanoi to Guangxi
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Hanoi to Guangxi.
Hanoi Bus Stop
Grouptour services to Guangxi depart from 16 Hang Chinh in Hanoi’s Old Quarter.
Guangxi Bus Stop
Grouptour services from Hanoi terminate at Langdong Bus Station in Nanning, China.
Guangxi is a region in the south east corner of China bordering Vietnam with fantastic scenery and a diverse culture, with a significant percentage of the population made up of minority ethnic groups.
Nanning is the major city in the region and the entry point for the majority of visitors to Guangxi. The area around Guilin is, however, where most tourists go to in Guangxi.
Guilin is a medium sized city with a wide range of amenities which many visitors choose to base themselves in when visiting the main attractions in Guangxi, the best of which are:
- Yangdi-Xingping scenic area: Beautiful stretch of the Li River frequently travelled by tour boats.
- Yulong River valley: Another stetch of river with good views of the famous karst mountain scenery.
- Assembling Dragon Cave: Cave in the karst mountains with stalactites and stalagmites.
- Longsheng: Area where rice is grown in terraces on the hillside.