By bus the journey from Ben Tre to Ho Chi Minh City, also known as Saigon, is scheduled to take 2 hours 15 minutes.
Bus Times from Ben Tre to Ho Chi Minh City
There are currently 10 daily bus services from Ben Tre to Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) available to book online.
|04:15||06:30||$ 5||Thao Chau|
|05:15||07:30||$ 5||Thao Chau|
|06:15||08:30||$ 5||Thao Chau|
|08:15||10:30||$ 5||Thao Chau|
|10:15||12:30||$ 5||Thao Chau|
|12:15||14:30||$ 5||Thao Chau|
|14:15||16:30||$ 5||Thao Chau|
|15:15||17:30||$ 5||Thao Chau|
|16:30||18:45||$ 5||Thao Chau|
|19:00||21:15||$ 5||Thao Chau|
- The Thao Chau transport company uses a modern air-conditioned bus on this route.
Buy Tickets from Ben Tre to Ho Chi Minh City
Use the Search Box below to buy tickets from Ben Tre to Ho Chi Minh City.
Ben Tre Thao Chau Bus Stop
Thao Chau bus services to Ho Chi Minh City depart from 122A Nguyễn Thị Định, Phường Phú Tân,TP Bến Tre,, Bến Tre, Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City Thao Chau Bus Stop
Thao Chau bus services from Ben Tre to Ho Chi Minh City terminate at 97-75 Nguyễn Chí Thanh, Phường 9, Quận 5, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam.
About Travel to Ho Chi Minh City
With a population of around 9 million permanent residents, Ho Chi Minh City is the largest urban area in Vietnam and also the most prosperous. Ho Chi Minh City, however, comes second to Hanoi in terms of attracting foreign visitors. Hanoi is closer to two of Vietnam’s major tourist attractions, Ha Log Bay and Sapa, and has an old town area which Ho Chi Minh City lacks. What Ho Chi Minh City does have is its own unique vibrant atmosphere and some fantastic buildings, many of which date back to the period when the city was the most important in French Ind0-China. Ho Chi Minh City is also a transport hub connecting Vietnam to Phnom Penh in Cambodia and a gateway to the Mekong Delta, the most famous part of which is Can Tho, 3 hours 30 minutes by bus from Ho Chi Minh City.
Ho Chi Minh City has its own ‘backpacker’ area, Pham Ngu Lao, which is often compared to the Khao San Road in Bangkok. One of the benefits of staying in Pham Ngu Lao, in addition to the foreigner friendly hotels and restaurants, is its proximity to the major tourist attractions in the city such as Ben Thanh Market. Ben Thanh Market is also easy walking distance to the most of the city’s other major tourist attractions:
- Saigon Opera House: Late 19th Century French built theatre still operating today.
- Tan Dan Park: The largest park in the city where local people come to exercise and relax.
- Saigon City Hall: Grand French style municipal building built in the early 20th Century located at one end of a long wide pedestrianised road.
- Saigon Central Post Office: Functional post office in an ornate European style building with many of the original features from when it first opened in 1891.
- Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral: Resembling the Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris, this large church is located on the same square as Saigon Central Post Office.
- Reunification Palace: This large modernist style building was the last hold out of the Government of South Vietnam. The tank which ended the war in 1975 by rolling through the gates of the palace is on display in the grounds.